Terms & Conditions
Red Cloud Virtual Support Terms and Conditions
Confidentiality & Data Protection
- We only work with UK based clients, due to insurance reasons.
- Any virtual assistants working on behalf of Red Cloud Virtual Support are UK based and sign strict confidentiality contracts.
- Your information is held securely and backed up in accordance with UK Data Protection Laws, including GDPR.
- We use secure email and ISO 27001 compliant cloud storage.
- We are a registered Data Protection Controller (ICO Registration: ZA528584). Data controller is: Laura Smith, Red Cloud Virtual Support, Wraggs Lane, ST8 7LX email: email@example.com tel: 01782 514418 and all information requests should be made via email in the first instance.
- All original work will be returned to clients as soon as work is completed, unless otherwise requested.
- On written termination of contract, we delete all client data held, excluding data held for our own tax records.
- Payments are due 14 days after receipt of invoice.
- Red Cloud reserves the right to halt services and not to return work if invoices are not settled.
- Pre-paid hours are non-refundable and are valid until the end of the next full calendar month only e.g. hours bought in January are only valid until the last day of February.
- Ad-hoc hours are billed in increments of 15 minutes. All pre-paid hours are billed in actual time.
- Postage/courier fees are not included in our hourly rates and will be subject to a small surcharge.
- Any non-standard office supplies are not included in our hourly rates and will be billed separately at cost.
- Bulk printing (over 25 pages) will be outsourced and charged at cost.
- All addition fees will be agreed and authorised before proceeding.
Submitting Virtual Assistant Work
- All work requests should be submitted to our central email firstname.lastname@example.org. This ensures we can schedule and track all work.
- Please contact us first if you are not registered as a client. We will not be able to complete work for businesses previously unknown to us.
- We will acknowledge all work within 2 hours during business hours of Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:00pm. If you haven’t received an acknowledgement, please call 01782 514418 and check we have received your request.
- Trello and SMS can be used for project management with prior agreement by us.
- All details (e.g. templates, passwords or processes etc.) should be submitted along with work at time of submission. We will not schedule work until all the materials are received.
- When submitting databases or marketing work, Red Cloud will ask you how people requested this information and ask for proof of validation in order to comply with GDPR.
Turnaround of work and rush jobs fees
- Our usual turnaround of work is next working day, for all work under one hour long received and acknowledged by us before 3pm. The reason behind this is that at 3pm each day, we schedule the following day’s work. E.g. Work sent during the day on Monday would be returned on Tuesday. Work sent after 3pm on Monday would be scheduled for Wednesday. This lets us schedule our day and complete work on deadline.
- If you have an urgent job we will try and accommodate it but completion will be subject to other work schedule so we cannot guarantee turn around. We will always manage your expectations around rush work at the time of asking. There will be additional fees applied, these will be agreed before commencement of work.
- Work which is over an hour long will be scheduled and you will be given an ETA when we acknowledge receipt of the job.
- For non-standard or one-off jobs turnaround times will be advised in the acknowledgement email.
- It is up to you to check work which we return and raise any queries thereafter.
- Holidays: We take UK bank holidays and between Christmas and New Year off each year. If you have urgent work to complete during these times, we may be able to accommodate it as a rush job, but please check first.
Digital Formats for virtual assistants
- We use the following programmes: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat PDF, MP3. We cannot support other formats or programmes. However, if you have a source file in another format, it may be possible to convert it; please call us for advice.
- We can accommodate file sizes up to 15MB. If you have a larger file than this, please call us and we can advise on the best way of transferring it to us.
Data and Privacy
- Please note: We only work with UK based clients and virtual assistants due to insurance reasons.
Disclaimer and Applicable law
- We will not be liable for any losses you might sustain arising directly or indirectly from our completing work save in so far as the same arises directly from our negligence.
- This contract shall be governed by the Law of England.
- Our business is registered at: Red Cloud Virtual Support, Marldon Cottage, Wraggs Lane, ST8 7LX